Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grief of a Daughter

Does she see me the way I see her?
Does she feel me when I touch her?
Does she sense it when there's something wrong?
Does she even know the way I feel about her?

I'm so scared that when we part that she'll forget me and live on her life without me.

No calls.
No letters.
No visits.
No form of any contact.

I love her.
Ever since the day I was born I have loved her.
And I know she loves me.
Why won't she say it?

I call her "sweet" and "cute."
I say to her that I love her.
I do all that she asks of me and more.
Why won't she do the same for me?

Is it because she can't?
Is it because she doesn't know?
Is it because she doesn't care?
Is it because she won't?

I know she loves me and that's what hurts the most.
If she loves me so much why do I have to be the one and only one to say to her that I love her. She won't say it first, but she will say it back. And I know that she'll think of me whenever she gets the chance to when we go back home, but is it such a hassle to pick up the phone and give me a call? I know that she is still my mother but she stopped being my mother for a long time now. Now, she thinks that she can be my friend, just my friend and nothing more. I still need a mother no matter how old I become. Even when she has passed away, I will still need a mother.

This is the grief of a daughter that loves her mother more than her mother loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment