Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Whispers in the Dark

They come to me when the night is at its darkest.
They tell me things that I do not want to hear.
But I listen because, they speak the truth.
The whispers tell me of the world and how lost it has become.

Nothing more than that and then they are gone.

They leave me with the horrible images of dead bodies and ruined cities.
I sit in horror and wonder why they do this to me.
What thing have I done to cause such torture?
My mind races with the new information causing it to grow and spread.

But why do I hear the whispers?

I try to play my music as loudly as I can to block their entrance.
But they speak to me through the beat and melody of the song.
I try to watch happy shows to erase the horrible thoughts.
But they show themselves in the shadows of the characters.

What can I do to make them stop?

I try to listen
But they only grow louder and reveal more details.
I beg them to let me help
But they just ignore me.

Should I fight the voices or the cause of them?

If I attack the source of the voices can I become free from them?
Or would I be overcome by the massive overdose of the Whispers?
How can I fight them when I don't know where they come from?
How do I find the voices when they come from within?

I must go deep into myself to find the voices.

And when I find the voices I will demand to have my sanity returned.
They have played with my mind for far too long.
I long to be normal, if there is a normal to become.
I will go to the depths of my soul and find these voices.

May they be ready to battle me.

I refuse to back down.
I know the price of failure.
They must use all they have it they want to win.
I refuse to back down.

But what if the Whispers have a purpose?

Should I fight them?
Or should I fight off the evil they speak of?
What if they are they evil they so eagerly discuss?
How will I know?

The only way to know is to go forth and discover their own truths.

I go deep into myself where I was patiently expected.
They beckon for me to come closer.
I pause and they ask again.
The Whispers say that they will explain it all.

I move toward the center of my being.

It's dark, and I can't see where I am going.
But somehow I already know where I am.
I start to hear sorrowful music.
As if they are mourning a great loss.

What could make evil feel so sad?

They tell me that the evil they spoke of where warnings of things to come.
But instead of trying to fight that off I chose to take the fight within.
Because of my self-violence the world is now lost.
And now, the whispers have no reason to stay.

The Whispers are gone, as is the rest of the world.
I have my victory, but was it worth the price?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really well written. It's so dark. Where did this come from (i.e., something happen, emotions, thoughts, etc.)?

    Sorry, this is Canine ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just came from my mind. I have that kind of imagination. I've always had it.

    ReplyDelete